Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

I wish to stream to TV and want to eliminate buffering

Customer Question

I wish to stream to TV and want to eliminate buffering problems I was wondering if a USB will do this
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its a Sony smart TV about 12 months old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None havn't started Yet
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I have subscribed to RealVision TV and currenly watch this from PC but would like to stream to TV, I know how to do it by connecting my laptop but would like to stream directly
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) What is the model number off of the back of the Sony TV?

2) Please elaborate on "a USB"- what are you planning on connecting to the USB port?

3) Are you asking if you can stream RealVision directly to the TV via Wi Fi?

Please elaborate and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need assistance with the question you posted?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cancell for now I can't acees information at this time.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm not privy in any way to cancelling, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. You can direct those questions here: http://*****@******.***

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Regardless of the model of your tv, the "realvision" content is not going to be available on the tv as a direct app.

There is not really any "usb" function that would change that.

What you can do however is pick up a streaming device such as a chromecast:

This simply plugs into a hdmi port on the back/side of the tv (and to power), and then links up to your home wifi network.

You find the content you want on your pc or laptop, or on a smartphone/tablet, using the google chrome web browser or a dedicated tablet app, and then you can "cast" the content over to the tv from there via your homes wifi network.

So long as you have a good internet connection at home, there won't be buffering.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.