Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Toshiba TV MV20FM3. How can I adjust the image for

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba TV MV20FM3. How can I adjust the image for verticality or horizontality?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Is the picture too wide ,too tall etc. or you just want to know how to adjust it ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Picture too tall
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

O.k then this is an older tube tv with deflection circuits and the vertical deflection could be acting up .

But first lets check the Verizon box .

If you look at their remote , can you see a button called something like zoom, size, format, aspect , HDzoom etc. , often has a pound (#) symbol on it or a star and sits below the digits 7 or 9 , if so thentry to press that button repeatedly to toggle between the different aspect ratio`s.

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Tell me if you find such a button

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please call me
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Does not work
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would like to terminate this enquiry - you indicated that the problem is probably with my box. I already knew that.
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Never said the box was the problem , I asked you to look for the aspect or format button which you obviously don't seem to know about and now that perhaps you found it and said " does not work " you said you knew the box was the problem but guess what , now the box is NOT the problem but your tv would actually would be the problem if this is too tall only

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I found the aspect button but it did not cure the problem. A new box is on its way from Verizon and I will just have to wait.
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

The box will not fix this

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Your tv`s vertical deflection circuit went defective

I`ve repaired 1000`s of those toshiba`s in my 40+ years experience and i can tell you the tv is the problem and is too old to consider a shop repair at some $150 +

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Understood
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

No problem , much welcome

As you already have another cable box coming in then might wait to confirm but I would be surprised if there was any difference

Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today but i hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer with the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT so i get compensated for my time and note that you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is closed if you have other questions.

BY the way , I saved you $26 by declining that phone offer last night