Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My lg 55" 55lb6500 stops with a picture of the remote with

Customer Question

My lg 55" 55lb6500 stops with a picture of the remote with the ok button flashing. It will only turn on and off and always stopping with that on the screen. Any ideas. Thanks.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No never and yes it's been unplugged for days.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None other than leaving it unplugged.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's it thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

1) Roughly how old is the set?

2) Are you using the original LG remote with the set?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Not sure if you're able to read my replies, but these symptoms points to a faulty Mainboard in your TV- which is the board that contains the processor, and allow the set to display external Inputs and bootup past this screen. If the set is over one year from the date of purchase (looks like this model number is ***** couple of years old), then in most cases this requires replacement of the mainboard- which is typically a $300 repair on this set (parts and labor included).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you're still having the same problem beyond this, there are no pushbutton fixes and the Mainboard would need to be replaced. If this is something you're looking to do yourself, the part can be purchased at the link below for just under $100 for your specific model:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-55LB6500-UM-Main-Board-EBT62860205-/302050768996?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Alternatively, if this is not something you're comfortable with, then a shop will typically charge close to $300 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the following link:

http://www.tvrpairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.