Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Have a Samsung HL-P4667W/HL. Getting a buzzing/whinning

Customer Question

Hi. Have a Samsung HL-P4667W/HL. Getting a buzzing/whinning noise that at times gets very loud but most of the time is not as noisy, but is always there. At times when I first turn on the set, nothing happens, and eventually the 3 lights on the front of the set starts blinking, indicating a bad bulb/replace the bulb. After trying to turn the set on & off several times, I'll here the whirring noise start, and the TV (including the bulb) will turn on, and I'll be able to watch the TV, hearing the whirring/buzzing noise continually. Not sure if it is from one of the cooling fans, or if it could be the color wheel going bad. After watching some of the YouTube videos on how to take out the engine assembly to clean off the fans and surrounding areas, I'm inclined to try this first to see if this helps.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It's a Samsung 46" DLP TV model #HL-P4667W/HL I started hearing the whirring/buzzing noise a little over a week ago, and only started having an occasional problem turning the set on in the past week.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None yet. As I said, I'm going to first try taking the engine assembly out and vacuum and clean off the more than likely years of accumulated dust/dirt, and see if that helps.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help. Please reply back when you're ready to proceed.
Thank you.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Do you need assistance with this question?