Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have the similar problem as outlined in the post I am on

Customer Question

I have the similar problem as outlined in the post I am on for the same tv (when I plug in the tv it only clicks). I have disconnected the main board from the power board and the clicking has stopped biut the back light still does not light up as described in the post. Do you still think the main board is bad or is there more diagnosis that can be done?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung un55b6000vf
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 6 years old
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Please connect
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

We are not able to see the question that brought you here- that's simply a link and you land on a new page. That being said, the clicking on a Samsung is a bad Mainboard- the caps and power board give different symptoms. The service bulletin from Samsung states that clicking after the set was plugged in, indicates a faulty mainboard (not power board), so you would want to replace your mainboard for this issue.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Also to obtain the correct mainboard, make sure you pull the part number off of the board in your set to search- as Samsung can change the part number even within the same model number.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you want to see if the power board fires up, disconnect the mainboard, and make a little jumper then tough the PS-ON pin on the power board to ground.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where is the ps-on pin?
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.
The pins are actually labeled. Carefully inspect the pins towards the edges of the board.