Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I replaced the DLP chip because if spots. TV was then like

Customer Question

I replaced the DLP chip because if white spots. TV was then like new but seemed dimmer. Replaced the bulb, but now TV has a little line down the middle.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a 6.5 year old, 65" Mitsubishi WD65737.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None yet.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome

I am currently reviewing your question thank you, ***** ***** in a couple of mins.

Anthony

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is this little white line OVER the menu display please?

In addition to the above does this line show up on other inputs like a DVD player for example?

Anthony

Are you seeing my messages OK?if you are having problems with the site please let me know thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm at work. Not home with Tv.

OK thanks when you get home please do the checks and we can move on from there thanks, ***** ***** troubleshooting has to be verified there is no one shot answer , let me know anyhow when you are ready

Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My son (age 35) is there with the TV. He says it has a "ghosted dark grey/black" line that that extends from the middle of the top of the screen and extends down about a quarter of the way to the bottom. It's visible on the menu screen as well as other screens, including alternate sources (i.e. Amazon FireStick, DVD, etc.).

You will need to get everything out again because you have made a mistake, now that could be to do with the alignment angle of where the board the chip is in is located or it could be the new chip itself did you fit exactly the same partnumber found on the chip itself as the one that came out?

Anthony

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The new chip worked fine. TV was working as new, just seemed a bit dim. Dark line issue only appeared after bulb was replaced.

I see where did you get the lamp from please and for what price?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I paid $129 for the bulb (online) several years ago and had it ready for any sudden replacement need. I did make sure it was the exact replacement.

OK what happens if you put the old lamp back in again?do you get the same issue?or not,

Anthony

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'll have to get back to you tomorrow on that one.

Yes then you will know if its the lamp or not....

Let me know anyhow

Please remember to rate me positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page then press submit this is the way I receive credit from the site thank you

Note the question remains open for 30 days

Anthony