Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

My Westinghouse LCD TV will no longer turn on. Westinghouse

Customer Question

My Westinghouse LCD TV will no longer turn on.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Westinghouse SK-26h730s Black
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Plugging it in and unplugging it. Holding the power button down for 20 seconds while it was unplugged and then plugging it back in.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Completely dead. Every now and again the green light on the front will come on like it is powering up but it goes right out.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

O.k then we could say that it does have some activity ,at times anyway .

Give me a minute please

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

This definitely does not look good for the TV's power board and for a tv this size the only way I can see this being worth the repair would be to replace that board yourself .

Here is a link where you can see the various versions of power supplies for this model and you would have to first match yours by part number written on it , take a look ;

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is what I thought.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

As you will see , 3 of them are below $25 and that would be worth it if yours is one of those , other wise the 4th is $51 and not in stock there but could easily be found

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no charge) if you have other questions related to that