Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Our Vizio sound bar is not producing sound, It is 3 months

Customer Question

Our Vizio sound bar is not producing sound
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 3 months old (wait a minute let me check) Model #S82920-C6
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: WE have muted and unmuted the remote and pushed every button to see what worked
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope thqt 's it
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Please shut your TV off, then unplug the Cable Box/SAT Box, soundbar and TV from power (pull their power cords or shut off the plug strip they are all plugged into). Wait 10 seconds and then begin plugging them all back in. When the cable box starts rebooting (give it about a minute), turn the TV on and the soundbar. Once the box finishes rebooting- check and see if you have sound. Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still no sound
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Okay, we need to determine whether the issue is your soundbar- or your cable box. What else is connected to the TV/Soundbar? Do you have a DVD player you can TEST?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I prefer to text
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I'm not asking for the phone call- it's auto-generated by the site. Please reply back to my last reply.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We only have the cable box tv and sound bar
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I prefer to text
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Okay, then it's hard to determine what is the root cause. Did you do a full reboot of the cable box as indicated above? Also is the soundbar st to the correct "Input"?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I'm not asking for the phone call- it's auto-generated by the site. You can ignore it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do you tell if we have the right input
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

By knowing how the soundbar connects to the TV or cable box. The type of cable determines the Input setting. If it's Optical you select Optical, if it's analog cabling you select the AUX Input. Or try them ALL one at a time and see if any give you sound.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All connections are fine. We turned it off last night and back on tonite and no sound
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I mentioned nothing about checking connections. Re-read what I posted above. The connection type determines the Input. Again- if you are unsure then try each of the Input selections using the Vizio remote.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

The Input button on the soundbar is second in from the left (on the bar itself). It switches between optical, analog, Auxiliary and bluetooth. Please try each one of the selections to see if any give you your sound back please.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.