Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

All of a sudden while watching TV, the picture and sound

Customer Question

All of a sudden while watching TV, the picture and sound went off. I have tried restarting whole thing, troubleshooting and still nothing. It is being fed by a receiver through HDMI 1. We have dishTV and can still access saved programs and guides, but press a channel number and nothing. Any ideas?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: It's a panasonic viera, can't find manual, where is make and model? No issues with sound before.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Went to menu, checked setting for picture and sound. One direction was to go to menu, then help, then tv self-check, but no such choices on my menu
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

You are saying that you can still access recordings made previously but nothing else ?

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

If you still can see previously saved shows/movies and the guide then everything is working fine with your tv and the connection to the direct tv box.

Try to reboot the direct tv by pulling out its power cord 30 secs and if that does it then great but otherwise you will have to call direct tv and have that box/receiver replaced , it went defective.

Hope this reboot does it but if not then this is much better than buying a new tv or main board for this tv .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you