Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Viera Pearl.. Our Panasonic Viera tv TC-P50S30, has decided

Customer Question

Hi, Viera Pearl. This is Jeanne. Our Panasonic Viera tv TC-P50S30, has decided to stop working. We had no warning. There is no power on the TV. Outlet is fine.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2011 purchase
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Name it, we've tried it. Geek Squad wouldn't even come out
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I know of
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

Are you saying not even the red light on the TV will come on- nada, as if it's not plugged in (yes it is)?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Please send a reply back and we can sort this.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Not sure if you're still online or not, but NO power light on the TV at all generally requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.