Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

The power on light on my Sony KDS-55A2000 TV just blinks red

Customer Question

The power on light on my Sony KDS-55A2000 TV just blinks red 4 times then starts the red blink again in a few seconds. It had just quit working on me suddenly and from experience I thought the projection bulb had blown. I had 2 new ones here and changed the bulb. Per instructions in my manual, I took out the bulb and carefully reinstalled it. I even tried the other new bulb I had. But it still blinks red 4 times over and over. What do I need to do to try and revive my TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

A 4 blink code on this set is a Fan Error per the service manual, and this means one of the three fans inside of the set has stopped spinning (due to dust/debris, failed bearings, etc.).

If you're looking to repair this yourself, you will need to be comfortable disassembling the TV, then accessing and cleaning, lubricating the 3 fans in the set (it's generally the rear exhaust fan however). Is this something you're looking to do yourself?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If so, let me now and I will pull up the service manual for you.

Alternatively, if this is not something you're comfortable with- then a shop will typically charge between $150-$250 parts and labor to clean/replace the fan(s) as necessary. Keep in mind either of the three fans will trigger a 4 blink red code on the set. It doesn't point to a specific fan, it simply indicates "Fan Failure".

If you'd like, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The error code indicates are shown on page 11, and the main Scirocco fan and it's access is outlined on page 20 of the service manual below.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.