Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I need 1 wire pluggied back in to my tv that i had to take

Customer Question

I need 1 wire pluggied back in to my tv that i had to take the back off of. help please
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Sanyo. Additionally, please describe this "wire" that has to be connected to the back of the TV using what kind of cable(s).

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it is a 32 inch sanyo tv model number DP32640. I think I have connected the other wires correctly, but there is one that is connected to the back of the monitor itself on the left side that has one white wire and about 8 or 9 black wires coming off it that i cannot get to even reach the spot i think it goes in. the end of it is white, about an inch long and skinny it plugs into something as it has about 12 female holes in a row on it. i can send a pic if you like
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this is the back of the tv
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Interesting; inside the TV. And it would appear that a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair is in progress.

Bear with me as I check if I have the Service Manual / review.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are you still there
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Yes and thank you for allowing me time to cross reference.

Please confirm that this "...left side that has one white wire and about 8 or 9 black wires..." is a side panel key/controller board.

Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

The Service Manual does not have a picture of the board layout but it has a wiring/board connection diagram. It shows which board is connected to what board; i.e. from which connector to what connector. The connector identifying numbers as well as the board numbers are also indicated.

Would this serve your purpose?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it is the left side, yes but what is a key controller panel? yes it would probably help
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

The prescribed approach is to identify which board and then what connector. Then match it with the diagram and see where that connector is tied to.

Please click HERE.

The diagram is in a Portable Document Format (PDF) file and can be viewed in most web browser. Click on the link to open the file or right click then select “Save As…” to download the file. It would require Adobe Acrobat Reader or equivalent for this purpose.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that is not helping
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Please identify and post back the board number on the "...left side that has one white wire and about 8 or 9 black wires..."

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i don't understand.. i cannot figure it out and im just getting more confused. ill have to call someone out to fix it. thanks anyway
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

I understand.

And sorry but I am not sure how to proceed without this information.

Still, good luck with the Sanyo.