Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

We cannot get a picture on our Sony TV. Model KDL 32EX710.

Customer Question

We cannot get a picture on our Sony TV. Model KDL 32EX710. Purchased December 2010. Could not turn off tv Sunday night using DirectTV (DTV) remote, had to use the Sony remote which did turn it off. On Monday during the day, turned on the tv with Sony remote and turned it off with the Sony remote. On Monday evening the tv did not turn on with either the DTV remote or the Sony remote. Pressing the power on button on the tv itself made the green light on the tv come on but there was no picture. Could not turn it off with any remote, had to turn off with button on tv. How do we resolve this problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

So basically now all it does it turn on the green light when you use the buttons directly on the tv and nothing else ?

Or did it stop responding to that power button now ?

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Does t ever get in a state where the light blinks red at the front ?

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

By the way , at some point you will receive a phone offer , it is auto generated by the website , not me but you can accept it if you`d rather do this on the phone , i will be available for it ,let me know .