Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Samsung Plasma TV --- Model FPT5084 One of the fuses keeps

Customer Question

Samsung Plasma TV --- Model FPT5084One of the fuses keeps going out, the same one each time. I have already replaced all the capacitors and fuses, as various on-line forums mentioned that Samsung had a problem with the capacitors. And I have tripled check that the fuse I am using is the right one.What else could be causing the fuse to keep blowing out (it goes out after a few weeks)?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, which fuse please? And have you checked its resistance to common ground (unplugged) ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know how to test its resistance to common ground?I have attached a photo of the fuse (the one on the left) that is blowing every few weeks. I am going to sleep and appreciate your assistance.
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Appreciate the picture. How about the other side please?

And again, which of these 2 fuses keeps on blowing?

An ohm/multi-meter is needed to test which of the parts has a very low resistance to common ground causing the fuse to blow. Do you have access to a multi-meter?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The fuse on the right is the one that goes out after a few weeks. I don't have an ohm meter. If I purchased one, which parts which I check for low resistance? Do I check the parts around that fuse? If I can figure out what part is likely causing the problem, and its cost, then I can determine whether to replace the part/have it repaired or wait to buy a new TV.
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

I understand.

Please confirm that your version of Samsung FPT5084 uses the BN44 00175A Power Supply Board.

And as posted above; "...How about the other side please?..." This would allow me to trace the component connections and determine where the "right fuse" leads to.