Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I was adjusting the width of my TV picture and I must have

Customer Question

I was adjusting the width of my TV picture and I must have hit something and the screen went to snow.
It is a Sony KDL-40xBR2 purchased in Oct 2006, serial number(###) ###-####
I went thru the video settings and am now on Video 5 cable box. We have comcast service.
Still no luck.
How do I get the picture back?
Many thanks,
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

You inadvertently changed the "Input" that the TV is set on and need to set it back. In order to know which Input setting needs to be selected, we need to know how the cable box is connected to the TV. Is it- in fact plugged into the jacks labeled "Video 5" on the back of the TV?

Comcast boxes can plug into ANY of the video inputs on the back of the set, so we need to know which one you're using to know which to select.

Let me know and if you cannot find this, simply reply back and let me know if you cannot find this.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you're unable to see which jacks the box plugs into, then you can also try the shotgun approach. To do this shut the TV off then unplug the cable box power cord from the wall for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Wait about a minute then turn the TV on, and select EACH of the Input selections ONE AT A TIME until one of them shows the cable box bootup screen (it will usually show that the box is "Loading").

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Are you having any luck locating the Input jacks, or are you rebooting the box?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Aric...I need to get an on site technician so lets cancel the remainder of the charge beyond the $5.00 Thanks,
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

All you needed to do was unplug the cable box, plug it back in then try the various Input choices from the Sony remote.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I am going to bed.