Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do I perform an auto-scan or channel seach on my Toshiba

Customer Question

How do I perform an auto-scan or channel seach on my Toshiba MW24F11 TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) Are you trying to connect an antenna to the set for the first time?

2) What exactly do you see on your TV screen right now?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1)LocalTel, my service provider, is up-grading service to all digital. They are saying an auto scan is required to access the new channel listings.2) "Snow" appears on all channels
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. Here's the thing- your TV does not have a digital tuner and cannot work with all digital signals. In fact, even brand new LED TV's cannot work directly when a cable provider has changed to all digital. LocalTel should know this. They need to outfit you with one of their converter boxes in order for your TV to work with their upgraded signal. This is the same with Comcast, Charter, ATT, TW, etc. There is no auto-scan on your set and you need a digital set top box from LocalTel. I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Your TV is only compatible with old analog signals per the specs: Cable:1-125, UHF:14-69, VHF:2-13 and the tuner is not a Digital Tuner, so cannot work with a digital signal without a box outfitted by the cable company.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Call the cable provider and tell them your set's tuner is this: Analog TV Tuner- per it's specs. This requires a box.

Let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hummm .. not the answer I was hoping for. I will call them. Thanks for the info.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

You're welcome. I can understand that, but unfortunately those are the limitations of the TV. The specs are linked below if you'd like to check further:

http://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba-mw24f11-24-crt-tv/specs/

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.