Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a LG LED flatscreen. It turns itself on. It turns

Customer Question

Hello. I have a LG LED flatscreen. It turns itself on. It turns itself off. There is picture and sound at random with blue indicator light on. Otherwise, the indicator light is blinking red.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes. The problem started 2-3 weeks ago.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried to reset the television. I've unplugged the power cord. I've disconnected the cable box. Turn off television for more than 24 hours.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I've also contact LG customer service to help troubleshoot the problem. The TV was purchased in 2010.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) Are you able to get the full model number off of the back of the TV?

2) Just to clarify, you're saying the set physically turns itself ON as well as off?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately, I'm not in front of my television to give you the full model number. And yes, the set physically turns itself ON as well as off continuously.