Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My Pioneer plasma TV switched from on (green) to blinking

Customer Question

My Pioneer plasma TV switched from on (green) to blinking red (stand by) last night. I unplugged the set and followed the directions to hold down for the button for a minute. I waited all night with the set unplugged. This morning the set does the same thing. Turns from green for a split second to blinking red on both the screen and the box. There is a slight sound when it does that.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

The blinking light is a code used by Pioneer to tell us what has gone wrong. Please postback with:

1) The full model number off of the back of the PDP (display panel- NOT the media receiver).

2) The blink patter (for example 8 blinks, pause, 8 blinks, pause, etc.).

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need assistance with the question you posted?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

If you still need help with this, can you please provide the above requested information?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hello , I`m Jack

I see that you requested a new answer and I would be willing to give you that but a minimum of info would be requested first.

The model number starting with the letters PDP...... would be a first but if you cant get to it then at least the blink count , those plasma have pretty much all the same blink count meaning .

Only thing is that I could not tell you the exact part number but would still be able to give you a fairly accurate estimate of the costs of repair