Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I purchased Model # E550i-B2 60" 18 months ago. I have sound

Customer Question

I purchased Model # E550i-B2 60" 18 months ago. I have sound but the screen is black. I did turn tv off, unplugged for 20 seconds, plugged back in and pushed the button on back and held for 30 seconds. No change. Can you help?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Vizio 60" Model # E550i-B2 Serial # LWZ2PPAQ4601415 purchased Februarey, 2015
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplugged tv unplugged tv, plugged back in and held the button in for 30 seconds
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
Note that I need time to type and research for parts and info if needed so don't be surprised if there are delays between replies

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Do you get a brief flash of light on the screen when you first turn it on ?

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Need help with this ?

I`m gonna have to step out for a bit soon and by the way , at some point you will receive a phone offer , it is auto generated by the website , not me but you can accept it if you`d rather do this on the phone , i will be available for it ,let me know .