Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I sat on my Uverse remote and my Samsung tv turned off. The

Customer Question

I sat on my Uverse remote and my Samsung tv turned off. The light is red. I can turn it back on with the remote or manually. How do I turn the tv back on?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , i will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Jack how to get my TV to respond or to turn on
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Well , I`ll start by saying that the uverse remote has nothing to do with the fact that the tv doesn`t turn back on , you cannot turn off a tv with any remote and the tv wont turn back on unless the tv went defective

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I sat on the Uverse remote and it turned the Samsung TV off. Now its locked on off.
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

There is NO such thing as LOCKED off , it just failed but it may only require a reboot .

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.

let me know how that goes.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I tried those things before contacting you. Nothing works. I am going to turn off TV for a while. Goodbye not satisfied.
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Can`t fix a broken tv from where I`m sitting can I ???

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Goodbye

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Do you still need help with this, Juanita?

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.