Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I have directv service and antenna service for my Samsung

Customer Question

I have directv service and antenna service for my Samsung tv. Although it is a smart tv we do not have the internet service hooked p due to slow speed internet service where we live. My question is, when I switch the tv from satellite to antenna, the sound will not work with the antenna channels. It works for the satellite channels
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Are you using the speakers built into the tv or external speakers like sound bar or surround sound?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did have a Bose speaker for the directv (satellite) channels but used the tv speaker for the antenna channels and the Samsung remote used to control the sound when I switched from satellite to antenna. But using the Samsung remote volume control does not do anything now when using the antenna channels
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Unplug anything connected to the Audio Out port of the Tv. Using the Samsung remote, press MENU and go to SOUND, set SPEAKERS to TV SPEAKERS, exit the menu and test for normal operation.

Remember, I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Unless there is something else you can think of, please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page before you go. Rating now does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?