Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a pioneer PDP-5071 HDTV. It was on when my daughter

Customer Question

I have a pioneer PDP-5071 HDTV. It was on when my daughter hit the screen with a pair of high heels and then the screen went black and the red light keeps flashing. The screen has a spider crack in it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: PDP-5071 purchased in 2006.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV does not work anymore after the screen cracked.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The screen went black right after it was hit and cracked. The TV was on when this happened.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Unfortunately I don't have good news about TV issue as there is no way to repair a cracked screen except to replace it which wouldn't be feasible or economical repair by looking at age of TV and probably replacement screen may no longer be available with Pioneer Parts in area. I'm really sorry about it and you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending time and money on this 10 years old TV.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.