Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

LG 47Lf11-UA, Vertical lines on right half of screen

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

If you open the tv`s own menu ,does it cover those lines or you can still see them on top of the menu ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the lines remain over the menu
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

O.k then by the look of it you have a defective t-con board .

I don`t know if you had in mind to look into repairing this yourself but if you`ll give me a few minutes , i will get you the details for a "do it yourself " or shop type of repair .

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Your t-con board part # 6870C-0243C cost around $30 to buy and although it may be difficult to find to the TV's age , let me know and I`ll find it for you if you want to look into repairing this yourself.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv at 6 or 7 years old and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Here is that board and never mind the model number listed there , its the correct board ;

http://www.tvpartsguy.com/lg-47lh30-ua-t-con-board-6870c-0243c-6871l-2003a/

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no charge) if you have other questions related to that