Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

The audio on my TV is locked to the #2 channel on every

Customer Question

The audio on my TV is locked to the #2 channel on every channel. Eg. 11-1 gets us 11-1 video, but 11-2 audio. ditto for 13, 15, 21 act
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ready
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Can you give me a minute please ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Thank you

Its obvious you are on antenna but is this new , like you are setting this up now or was working fine and started this ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do not want to cal was working fine yesterday. Been up for a yeas no problems before. Wife turned on tv this am and told me problem was there
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

if you received a phone offer it was automated from the web site ,not from me

Can you give me the full model number or look on the remote for a button called SAP or MTS ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Found MTS ON THE REMOTE, when I push it it just asks me English or Spanish, English is highlited
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

O.k and within that MTS there is no SAP option ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

How did you find the sound on a different frequency anyway ?

You punched in the .2 number manually ?

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Rescan your channels , something happened with the tuner and may be this will clear by refreshing the channels list

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No used remote. Was on 21-2 last night when we retire? Wife used channel down button to go to 13-1. Got 13-1 video, but 13-2 audio.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

so you just pressed the channel up/down buttons and it will go from picture alone to sound alone ??

This is getting even better

Now is time to rescan your channel

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

If that doesn`t do it then something went wrong with your tuner , there are no functions that can move the main audio to another frequency .

I was asking if you had the SAP (second audio program) as those use a side frequency for other languages , yours has it in the MTS

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

If your tuner doesn`t come back to normal then I have a workaround for this , let me know

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No,, when going from 21-2 to 13-1 the tv gives us 13 -1 video and 13-2 audio. Same with 15,11,33 act. Did the rescan
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

O.k then that's it , as I said I know of no functions that will move your main audio to a separate frequency , just the alternate audio when available.

So here is my fix on this beside replacing your TV's main board ;

Click the link below and you will see a tuner/converter box with HDMI out that sells for $35 and it even records ;

https://www.amazon.com/3500STBII-Multi-Function-Converter-Recording-Playback/dp/B00GOILYB6

Comes with its own remote as well and will connect between the TV's HDMI in and the antenna

If you`d rather look into replacing your main board then let me have the full model and version number of your tv and I will find it for you

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Just saw your other post and will close it as duplicate

Questions on this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

.