Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Samsung ln40b610a5fxza. I hear the startup chimes

Customer Question

hello I have a Samsung ln40b610a5fxza. I hear the startup chimes but i am not seeing anything on the screen. any suggestions
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Still get the audio if not the picture ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
correct... I hear the startup chimes but I am not getting any picture. I do get auidio
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you`re not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .

If completely dark , do you get a brief flash of light on the screen when you first turn it on ?

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Never mind the last question , in any case I can tell you that this model has problems with its backlight inverter circuits , namely the high voltage transformer on it .

If you are into this you could buy these transformers at the link below and replace /solder them on your board but it may be easier to simply replace that board .

You can see the various versions at that link , not in stock there but first to match yours and then with the correct part number it could be found.

Here is that link ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=ln40b610

Other wise you are looking at a couple hundred dollars repaired in a shop and for a 40" tv I`m not sure its worth the repair .

I will have to step out for a bit but If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.