Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician
Experience:  25 + Years experience repairing TVs, VCRs Computer etc.

Are you available today? I have a Panasonic TC-P46ST30 TV.

Customer Question

Are you available today?
JA: No. I'm the Technician's Assistant.
Customer: I have a Panasonic TC-P46ST30 TV. After a lighting flash the TV went off. I tried unplugging for a while and replugging, but no success. Any sugestions?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: see above for model. I unplugged for about 30 minutes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugging only
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 2 months ago.

Hi did you mean lightning?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Also how old is your TV?

And make sure you actually still have power at that outlet and a circuit breaker didnt trip?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
lightning. The power has been checked and is working

Thank you for that information.

Lightning can damage almost any electronic device, and lightning is in the hundreds of thousands of volts range when the parts inside the TV typically operate on just a few volts. You're TV will need to be tested internally to determine if it is worth repair to see exactly what has failed due to the storm.

This one requires experience and expensive test equipment to perform all the tests.

The best thing to do, is Bring it Best Buy or Sears for this service as they are honest and fair priced. Also they do excellent work;-)

I used to work for them making repairs lol.

I wish I had better news for you on this I Really do, but this one is not a do it yourself project Im afraid.

Also if want, Sears offers in home service as well for these. But it really my not be fixable ;-(

I have over 35 years of experience in TV repair and I have seen this many times.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Tech Michael