Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a 2 or 3 year old tv 32" that the other day the

Customer Question

I have a 2 or 3 year old tv 32" that the other day the screen just went blank. Still have the sound but that is all. What should I do now? I checked all the connections and they are fine. It is not the cable provider cuz the other TV works OK
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
just completely black
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

O.k then by the look of it your backlighting circuit went defective .

Now without the model number it would be difficult to be specific but if you can tell me the age of the tv approx. this will give me an idea and I will be able to give you a fairly accurate estimate , mind you no part numbers if you wish to repair this yourself though

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK I do not have the model number with me. Thats OK I will figure something else out. Please do not charge my card any more than 23.00
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

as I said , I can still give you a pretty good idea and sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

Please use this link or phone number for these questions;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

In any case this is a 32"tv and if you`re not going to look into repairing this yourself then this would cost just about as much to have it repaired in a shop as to buy a new one.

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you