Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My electricity went off for about a couple of minutes. When

Customer Question

My electricity went off for about a couple of minutes. When it came back on, the picture was small, like it was PIP. I checked the PIP and it was off, I checked the picture size and it was 16.4 and Standard. I tried to do picture reset without any change. What can I do to get the picture back to the correct size.?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

That would be 16:9 and would be one of the choices you get with the TV's remote PIC SIZE button ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you are correct
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

You have a cable box connected to this tv ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

Let me know how that goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll try something else.
Note that you can reach me here still at any time after rating if you have questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I called the cable company first and they checked the connection and said it was fine, the problem was with the TV itself
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

They are trained to say that , they cannot know whats coming out of the box from their office PLEASE reboot

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how do I do that?
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
can we talk on the phone. there are several wires to the outlet and one is the computer. if I turn it off, will lose thisconnection
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Sorry , its the only way I can use the phone , it has to be done through the website , not my rules and I have to abide

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Can`t you just follow the power cord ?

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Any questions on this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

This seemingly PIP problem is common with cable boxes and a reboot by pulling out the power cord always does the trick .

Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no charge) if you have other questions related to that