Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Pioneer Elite Pro 118 60" projection that I just

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer Elite Pro 118 60" projection that I just moved from one side of the room to another side and now the convergence is off enough that my wife is unhappy. How do you adjust the convergence on this set?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

What is the full model number off of the back of the Pioneer please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the only thing on the back is the model PRO-118 and serial number QD3604538L
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Okay taking a look...

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would really like to see some documentation on how the process works.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

There's no manual or literature available for that model. This simply may be because it's an older rear projection set and the manual has been pulled. However, those arrows on the set and the OK/Enter button on the remote are all that are needed to adjust convergence. In many cases, we see the convergence IC chips fail causing the alignment to not function. Do you have the OEM remote and have you tried using the OK/Enter button to set the adjustments?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have the OEM remote and watched a tech get to the right screed by pushing a paper clip through a small hole in the front of the set and then using the remote to adjust the lines. I have tried to bring up those same adjustment screens but have not had any success.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Okay, I'm not finding any literature at all on a Pro-118 (other rear projection model numbers from Pioneer- but not that one). If those are the only numbers on the back of the set, I will have to opt out and see if another expert has any info on this model.