Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

Turned it off and took it off the wall to paint my room when

Customer Question

turned it off and took it off the wall to paint my room when I put it back on the wall, the HDMI stopped working I thought it was my xbox 1 for a while but I plugged it into the cable box directly and same no input issue the weird thing is that the xbox could turn the tv on and off just no signal being send afterwards
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: let me pull that just today
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: sharp aquos. led backlight LC-55LE620UT I've unplugged it to let it reset but for no more than a min or 2
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: most of the time I was working the xbox angle
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Does this happen on all hdmi ports?
Are any of the analog/component ports working?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can't confirm if the other hdmi ports don't work (TV is mounted on wall, ports not reachable), but the component cables (red, yellow, white) DO work
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for confirming,

it really is necessary to test those other ports though, both as a diagnostic function as well as a potential resolution. Can you tip it out from the wall enough to test them temporarily?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, but thats just not possible
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

okay, we can move forward without that, for now

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc). HDMI circuitry is extremely sensitive, and can be easily damaged simply by static shock from touching the tv or ports, which is what likely happened when it was moved previously.

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2010 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising; this tv would be considered past its service life at this point.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), changing out boards as needed, etc.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $350 for diagnostics, parts, and labor, if the part can even be found.

For a tv of this age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $500 range.

The alternative to repair/replacement would be to use the analog connections where possible instead, or to try using the other hdmi ports, some of which may still be functional.

Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?