Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

My HDMI ports have stopped working I have one connected to

Customer Question

my HDMI ports have stopped working I have one connected to my cable box, the other to my apple tv box
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: it's an RCA 32 inch flatscreen
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: well first only one of the two sources stopped working then I switched the apple tv and cable box cables and both stopped working neither work now
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the second port stopped working two weeks ago, after I turned off the power the second port stopped working just now, when I switched the two cables
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope, that's it
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

- Have you tried another HDMI cable as old cable might have got defective?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi there-
There are two HDMI cables (separate ones) -- neither work; although curiously, something must be going through for the one connected to the apple tv, since the apple tv interface, rather than saying 'no signal', says in apple font that there's an issue with the HDMI cable ("this content requires HDCP for playback; either your HDMI cable isn't properly connected,"etc.)
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

Have you tried to disconnect TV, Apple box and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn then On and check?