Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Sony TV, model # KDL-32EX400, Serial # 4581831, augmented

Customer Question

my Sony TV , model # KDL-32EX400, Serial #(###) ###-#### augmented by a Sony Box BluRAy Disk/DVD player Model BDP-BX510, will not support Netflix that I have been watching with this setup for 3 1/2 years.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

- Have you tried any other internet application if Netflix isn't working?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
all my internet applications are working fine.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, so only Netflix isn't working, correct?

Do you get any error when run Netflix app?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Watch TV anytime anywhere, just $9.99
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have you gone to sleep??
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

I'm here with you and troubleshooting the issue.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK, about how long do you think that will take?
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Is your Netflix account active, you can check it by logging to Netflix through computer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
on my computer I can get Netflix just fine, but not on my TV in the living room.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, please run Netflix app, log out and re-login on that app and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When you say, "run Netflix app" I go online and see 8 options under, "app flix for netflix" which one should i choose?
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Sorry about confusion, I meant to run the Netflix app in your TV then log out, close the app, reopen it and login for fresh connection with Netflix streaming service.

Does it help to resolve the problem?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, it did not work. I tried it once and got a message "a network error has occurred". Started again, and this time it went back to telling me i could get Netflix for $9.99 per month.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

This is odd, Netflix app is builtin Bluray player BDP-BX510 connected to this TV, I would recommend to disconnect Bluray player power for 5 minutes, reconnect power, turn On the player and check Netflix app.

If problem still persist then need to go into Bluray player menu to restore default settings to get initial/ first time setup wizard, go through it then run Netflix app again which should resolve the problem.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did what you suggested "Netflix app is builtin Bluray player BDP-BX510 connected to this TV, I You recommend to "disconnect Bluray player power for 5 minutes, reconnect power, turn On the player and check Netflix app." That did not work.
I am an old geezer, and too tired to keep trying. I will try another day with your next suggestion "If problem still persist then need to go into Bluray player menu to restore default settings to get initial/ first time setup wizard, go through it then run Netflix app again which should resolve the problem."
Thank you for trying to help me, Shahid. Myles Smith
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

ah OK Myles Smith, I;m sorry for the trouble, please try to restore default settings in bluray player in your convenient time and reply back with the result.

Thanks and wish you good luck~

Shahid.