Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

50LA6200 smart tv: I think smart part is down I turn on tv

Customer Question

50LA6200 smart tv: I think smart part is down I turn on tv and get LG life is good splash screen then it hanges for 10 secs or so then it shuts down
JA: Have you tried power cycling your LG -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few minutes?
Customer: yeah I unplugged for a couple of hours
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: can not get anything but splash screen nothing seems to effect it while the splash is up then it shuts down
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i think it was lighting strike near the house sunday
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i dont think so
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

This kind of problem occurs due to failure of EEPROM chip that stores TV firmware (internal software) which got corrupted so TV doesn't boot up fully to show up menu control options, picture and sound etc, lighting strike can damage the components on main board and would be cause of this problem. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

If TV is out of warranty then check with following board supplier to get replacement main board if you have plan to do it yourself..

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.