Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a pioneer pdp 5071. Will not turn on. Blue light

Customer Question

I have a pioneer pdp 5071. Will not turn on. Blue light flashes 12 times
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: PDP 5071 PU. ITS ABOUT 10 years old.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Cost
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help. Please reply back when you're ready to proceed.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
let's begin
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello are you there
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

OK, give me 5 minutes please, get back with you shortly.

Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Sorry about delay, is there any media receiver also hooked to TV?

Also, is the blue light flashing on TV or media receiver?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
On tv. Dish box disconnected
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

OK, have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, rpelug back in, turn them ON and check if blue light still flashing on TV?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Blue does not flash. Is that it or other issues. Cuz I have done this before and blue light still flashed
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do I get resonse
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Response??
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

I'm working on your TV issue, give me few minutes while I check related manuals for troubleshooting purpose.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Blue light is blinking again. It says "starting up plasma"
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Just to confirm, is the blue light flashing 10 times, pauses and again blinks 10 times?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Starting up. Please wait. Plasma display
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

I understand, please check the blue light on TV, does it blink 10 times as well as you mentioned in opening statement of question?
That blue light is presenting an error code and number of times of flashing will tell problem section in TV.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I turn tv on now it says the above statement. Then blinks 12 times. Stops and blinks 12 again and repeats.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What you asked but 12 times.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

OK, thanks.

Working on 12 times error code, give me 5 minutes please.

Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

OK, the error code (flashing blue light 12 times) indicates communication error with D-Tuner mounted on main board, main controller chip isn't getting feedback signals from digital tuner box mounted on main board thus goes to protection mode and present error code of trouble. You would need to replace main board of TV to resolve the problem. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.