Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

My sony TV automatically shuts off--then the red light

Customer Question

My sony TV automatically shuts off--then the red light blinks 7 times. I have a Sony KDL-46EX710
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Sony Brava... I am not sure how old the TV is as I rent the villa and it belongs to the villa
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This happened a few days ago and after leaving the TV off for about 8 hours it turned back on. It seems like it may be happening at the same time but I'm not sure
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

The problem is a temperature error now the most likely cause of that is usually a fan but I am looking through the data and there does not appear to be a fan in these models however would it be possible for you to take a look inside the set?this will mean removing the back cover of the set?either way there is a temperature erro that needs to be investigated, let me know please

Do you need any help with this please?do you have any concerns over doing any work with the set?