Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

HOW DO I SECURE A "FIRMWARE UPDATE ON MY TV,MODEL

Customer Question

HOW DO I SECURE A "FIRMWARE UPDATE ON MY TV,MODEL TC32XL14,VERSION 1.38?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask what it is you are referring to?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a 32" Panasonic Viera TV, about 6 yrs old......TC-32LXX14.....LY92520127...Unit has been working fine until I switched for ATT&T to Charter.../Now I get a readout that unit needs a software update form 1.31 to 1.38..Please advise...
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Do you see this request/indicator on ALL inputs (dvd, games, apps, etc) or only when you are on the charter channels?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nathan....I listed my problem on my TV as outlined above.....how about giving me a simple answer about the software issue....if you can't, please refund my money....
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

HI Charles, I am trying to help you, but I need more information from you to do so.

The reason I am asking for this is that the problem, as you outlined it, does not indicate an issue with the panasonic firmware.

Please specifically test another device/input for me, such as a dvd player, and let me know if you still see that same update note on screen.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The problem exists only with the TV set when it is turned on maybe one out of three times....the set switches over to Blue Ray and I have to use the original hand control unit to switch it over to MIDI 1....the pop up screen says a software update is needed to upgrade from 1,31 to 1.38...
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

So do you see that screen when it is on the bluray input only? On cable only? On both?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Cable only...then the cable defaults to bluray...then I have to reset to cable to MDMI
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Okay, the issue here is with your cable box.

It is not a tv problem, your tv is an old (2009) model, and not a smart tv. It has no way to detect if there is a new firmware available, and cannot generate that message on its own. There are also no current updates for your tv that would apply here.

Try rebooting your cable box by unplugging power to it for 60+ seconds, which will usually force it to update.
If no change, you'll need to call charger, and they will send an update signal to the box, which may take another day or 2 to take effect,

and if still no change after that, they'd need to replace the box for you.

I believe the issue of switching to bluray is coming up because of a glitch in the cable box firmware which results in lost signal and that prompts the tv to switch over to the enxt input.

You can mitigate that by going into the tv settings menu and disabling the viera net (hdmi power/cec/control) functions.

Best regards,