Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I'm having problems with my sony kv30hs510 tv going to a 7

Customer Question

I'm having problems with my sony kv30hs510 tv going to a 7 blink code even after replacing the 2 prob ic's 6501 & 8002 I read awhile back about 2 diodes that also need to changed but don't remember which ones they are & can't find that thread anymore
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: kv30hs510 about 13 yrs old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have replaced ic 6501 & 8002 regulators which normally fix this problem ..I've done it many times before
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: tv will run perfectly for quite awhile then go into shutsown with the 7 blinks
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you checked / monitored the voltages of the different pins of these ICs? ...before and after shutdown?

7-blinks is "Horizontal Deflection Stopped"

Still, have you checked if the +200V is still present? ...how about the other output voltages of T6502?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Due to the highly intermitent nature of this problem I havn't been able to verify those voltages during shutdown. When & if it goes to the 7 blink code I hope to confirm if they're present or not. The main problem was finding the schematics for this in my archives, which I have done.
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

This would be using the DA-4 chassis. Please click HERE for the D-Board schematics. Equally important would be the table on the right side of the page for the expected voltage readings.