Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

No picture, no sound, and has a box with words of in the

Customer Question

No picture, no sound, and has a box with words of in the box , that I can't see well enough to know what they say. Once when I used the old remote from old tv, to change the channel, which I've been doing since Christmas when I got the tv. BTW, is there a way to switch over to just the new remote.? I don't know if this is going to give you much help to figure this out, we might need a phone call and you telling me what to turn to on the remote. Sharon
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: My tv is a 40 inch Samsung, I don't know the model number. Yes the remote is the same, came with the tv.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried to see if I was on line and on the correct one, I haven't had allot of time to do anything with it tonight, sorry. But now I want to watch, and so much of the time it's not working for me.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Can;t think of anything else.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

What is the model number of the tv (it is printed on a sticker on the back)?
Is the box in the top corner and says something like hdmi1, hdmi2, etc?

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You say I've already paid my fee............ I don't recall paying for anything for help by phone. And what does it mean already paid my fee? I will be able to call anytime from now on without paying a fee for your information and help?? I'm not sure. I'm a senior citizen on a very strict budget and I couldn't afford paying for something like this every time. So I'd like to know, for sure, what you are telling me concerning the fee. The tv seems to be working quite well now, at least, I haven't seen the problem repeating itself.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would also like to know why there are so many "errors" when trying to watch Utube productions? They load and start up and within less than 5 minutes , they stop, freeze, and can't be started again. A message that an error has occurred and please try again later, is displayed on the screen until I physically close it and move on or discontinue watching anymore. This happens so often. I am a quilter and watch that channel mostly, and it is irritating to have this happen, especially when I am in progress with the project it talks about. What can be done about this, if anything? I really love my Utube tutorials on quilting and watch them faithfully.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

This is a paid support service that you signed up with. There are monthly subscription and single use options.

This is not for phone support, it is for this chat format, though a call option is available (additional cost).

I am responding to your request back on the 16th for "no picture no sound" where I asked you for additional information without a response. You can scroll up on this page to see that prior exchange.

With all of this in mind, do you still want help?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want to end this subject. It is not happening just lately, so I've forgotten what I was trying to watch and most everything about the problem. I do know the black box I mentioned is not the one that has the HDMTV1, etc. in the box. I know that is how I get to my cable and it has to be on a certain one. That was not the problem. And I can't remember all the circumstances now so I can't really be of any help to you on this particular problem. If it occurrs again, I will try to contact you then.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

That would be just fine, you are welcome to follow up with me at any time.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

(completing the rating will stop you from getting further emails and messages about this, but you can always return for follow up help if needed)