Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer
94203781

My LG smart tv buffers and even stops when using netflix,

Customer Question

My LG smart tv buffers and even stops when using netflix, hulu, andamazon. My wifi speed is at 53mbps as tested by time warner guy. All of these services work perfectly on my cheapo tablet. This just started happening after using netfix ect for well over a year. Any help would great, as i am abt to give up on this brand. Many thx.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. How does the TV connect to your network?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
WiFi
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This was answered in my original question. Fyi
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Have you tried changing the WiFi channel on your router? You may be experiencing some interference and I always like to verify the connection.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The connection has been verified by time warner. Wifi speed is 50mbps again as covered in my original question. As to changing the channel on my router....? I dont understand the question. And was unaware that the router has channels.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Again as mentioned my 4 yr old android tablet plays all of theese services with no problems and no buffering. All on the same wifi connection.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

You may have 50Mbps coming into your home, but the WiFi speed can vary. How far is the TV from the router?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
20 ft. Maybe. I just did a speed check on my tablet. Roughly the same 50mbps. How do i find out where the problem is?
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

My apologies, but I am unable to contact you by phone at this time.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

One thing you can try is connecting your TV directly to your router using a network cable to see if that resolves the problem. That will tell you if it is WiFi related.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How would my tablet, phone and laptop all work fine in the same room, using the same connection. But the tv does not?
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

It could be the WiFi network card failing in the TV?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am invalid and unable to run a wire. Sorry no help there. Any other advice?
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Have you tried power cycling the router? That will cause it to re-establish new connections with all devices and that may help?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well ill pay 5$ for that answer but not a penny more. Was hoping for a detailed answer not an answer with a question mark at the end... wow
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

I am giving you as detailed answers as I can. There is some diagnostics involved as the problem could be several issues.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok well if you cant call me and yourguess is my wifi card is failing.... then i guess 5$ sounds abt fair to me. Very unsatisfied
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Figured it would it be this way when you started by asking me a question that i clearly answered in my original post. Ill will reporting you and disputing the charges
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

The only way to know for sure would be to connect the TV directly. The cause could still be interference coming from another source. You can still try unplugging the router for about one minute the plug it back in and see if that clears it up. I ask those questions to make sure there is nothing left out of the description!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please opt out
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Jason. I'm sorry you've had trouble with our service. The streaming services do update their software on a regular basis. Have you tried to update the TVs firmware over the internet? Here is the guide for upgrading the software on the LG TV you have and the link to the software that needs to go on a USB stick. It's the only other thing it could possibly be if the WiFi signal is strong in the area. Updating your TV is just a necessary as updating your tablet on these Smart TVs. Let me know if that helps.

http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-42LM6200#

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yeah my tv was set to update automatically, i tried anyway and it was the current edition. Is it possible that the view history is sliwing it down, or is anything bieng stored in the memory ect. when using these services? If so how do i remove the history an/or delete any memory cache.... thx

I don't believe that there is a buffering cache that is stored on the TV like a tablet or computer would. There is a factory reset on the TV but you'd have to restore all of the settings.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Actually im on blog right now abt this very issue, seems this tv does store or retain certain bits of info. Some people have been zble to fix the issue by clearing the browser history. Anyway thx for trying, still cant really say im satisfied. Seems like all the info ive been given could be easily found by doing a simple google search. I certainly expected more for 48$ and def not satisfied. I will be disputing any charges from just answer.

I can send this to Customer Service to have the question cancelled. Sorry about the taking so long to get to some conclusion. We want to make sure you are satisfied. This will be refunded.