Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

I have a smart tv. the remote will not get the channels I

Customer Question

i have a smart tv. the remote will not get the channels I would like, as a matter of fact the remote only gets the beautiful scenes. I have Chromecast and Firestick.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-When you say "will not get the channels you would like", give some examples of the names of these channels please?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have Chromefast that I can only run from my laptop
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can not get it on tv. Only get those beautiful pictures. I am not sure but could it be the remote. I dont think so source lists all the programs, but will not connect to them.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Those beautiful pictures are generated by the chromecast device when in standby so your tv is on the correct input (what you call channels)

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Now what you need to do is connect to your device with your PC ,

What are you trying to cast at this point ?

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Remember that only the chrome browser will cast movies or webpages on your device .

Have you done the first time setup ?

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Do you see this (picture below , click the link) on your chrome browser ?

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

In any case as far as the tv is concerned you are on the correct input (channel) when you see those pictures , do not touch your tv , your chromecast is waiting for you to cast on it .

So if that answers your question then please take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help like with the chromecast setup.
Thank you