Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

How do I unlock the parental control on my proscan 32" led

Customer Question

How do I unlock the parental control on my proscan 32" led tv mod#PLDED3273A-E
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Proscan is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 2.5-3 years Model No. PLDED3273A-E
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: in the past, I go to the menu choose channels run auto scan and am ok
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: This time I find my tv is locked.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) What exactly do you see on your screen right now?

2) Why do you have to keep running channel scans- is your set continuously losing channels?

3) How do you receive broadcasts on the set now- is there a cable box, SAT box, or HDTV antenna connected?

Please elaborate and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Or, if you're seeing LOCKED on any of the MENU's, then you need to enter the parental code to unlock it. Per Pro Scan: Note: If you forget your password, you can use “8899” to enter any menu locked. So try that and let me know how it works out.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

This is also outlined on page 22 of the manual at the link below: