Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I have a Sharp LC32SB21U that is just blinking a light. As a

Customer Question

I have a Sharp LC32SB21U that is just blinking a green light. As a background, I was having issues with the cable form the cable provider and reconnected to the cable box. The cable was not coming through but I though updating the firmware might help. I followed instructions but the TV never came back on and it just blinks (power + OPC once and then two blinks just power and then repeat). Any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Probably 2006 +/- and the exact model is LC-32SB21u according to the back og the TV.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Actually I am not sure what to do at this point.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced technician with more than 10 years of field experience. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

To get started please reply back here and, in your own words, describe your level of experience with electronics-

Are you "technically challenged"? or a "savvy remote control user"? or you have installed/replaced components in PC's? or maybe you can test voltages, current, resistance, and solder on circuit boards?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Not sure why you are unable to reply....

Given the description of your issue, I would suspect the Main board needs to be replaced. You can get one on eBay for less than $100. If you need more help with the DIY repair details, just reply back here at no additional cost.

If you are not able to DIY, having it repaired will cost more than a new 32" tv. Just an in home diagnosis is usually at least $100 up front.

I'm sorry for the bad news. I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but at least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times. You saved a lot of time and money by coming here first.

Unless there is something else you can think of, please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page before you go.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?