Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

It keeps turning off and on by itself. It does every 1 min

Customer Question

it keeps turning off and on by itself. It does every 1 min and 12 seconds...
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: a week. but I have been out of town until friday
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: everything in the manual. called Samsung twice and spent an hour both times doinf their troubleshooting. They told me to call a Samsung technician...
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-What is the model number?

-How long have you had it?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Samsung model # PN64D7000FFXZA S/NZ33O3CJB501329A
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Assuming you've tried unplugging the tv power cord for at least 3 minutes.... this is not something that can be resolved just by pressing buttons. It means the tv needs diagnosis, parts, service which I can help you with but if you do not have the needed skills and tools then you will need a local repair shop. You can expect to pay $300-$400 total to repair your tv. Just an in home diagnosis is usually at least $100 up front. Maybe you want to discuss repair vs replace at this point.

I'm sorry for the bad news. I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but at least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times. You saved a lot of time and money by coming here first.

Unless there is something else you can think of, please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page before you go.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?