Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

Unable to get player to respond to controller Sony BD

Customer Question

Unable to get player to respond to controller Sony BD RMT-B119A--no reponse with new batteries. Do I need to buy new controller??
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out, Marian.

What is the model of the player? Is it responsive to the onboard buttons (power, eject, play, etc)?

Lets try a quick test of the factory remote. Take the remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam, web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. If you do, then the remote is functional. If you do not, then the remote is bad and would need to be replaced.

I can help with a replacement, if needed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Player is responsive to all buttons, controller wont do anything. Replacement suggestions??

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Did you actually test the controller yet as I described?

New remotes are very inexpensive online, you may order one here:

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this>