Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Panasonic viera tv power button on light flashes rapidly for

Customer Question

Panasonic viera tv power button on light flashes green rapidly for about 5 second then flashes red every 4 second continually and does nothing else.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Tx 267xd8
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing so far
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur (storm, power outage, etc.)?

2) When you press the power button is there a distinct click, or does the screen light up even for a second?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
O7947 608594
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry, I cannot take a phone call. That offer is not sent by me, but rather by the site. Another Expert may accept it however. Please reply back to the info requested here to proceed with me on this.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately the one red flash every 4 seconds is an error code indicating a failure within the set (most commonly the power supply board), which requires component replacement in the TV to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear that and this does indicate a hardware fault in the set. Either with the power board or Mainboard that requires repairs. There aren't any quick fixes for this aside from trying to leave the set unplugged for several hours in the hopes that it resets. The average cost for this repair is in the $200-$250 range (depending on which board has failed).
Alternatively, if you're a DIY type and looking to repair the set yourself, then reply back here and I will have a few checks for you to perform.
Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The only other thing you can try on a user level is to leave the set unplugged for several hours or more in the hopes it resets. Beyond that it does require service as indicated above. Let me know if you need further assistance with this.