Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I have a Mitsubishi wd65735 when I plug it in the timer

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi wd65735 when I plug it in the timer light is blinking and the power will not come on why and what do I do I have press the reset button several times and still does the same thing
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is a 2008 model number WD 65735
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have unplugged it and plugged it back in and have also tried the reset button
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
Note that I need time to type and research for parts and info if needed so don't be surprised if there are delays between replies

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Is there only the timer light blinking ?

Does it blink green when you first turn it on then stop blinking ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the timer light blinks green when I plug the TV in. The Power buttonon the TV has no response, makes no noise nor does it turn the TV on. The blinking light does go off temporarily while I am holding in the reset button what comes immediately back on when I let go of the reset button the power button will not turn the TV on
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, a different tech.

Please reply back here if you still require assistance. I will be happy to help.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
still need help. No calls pls
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Is the timer light blinking rapidly green and not stopping?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Not sure why you cannot reply, so I will assume the Timer LED is blinking rapidly green.

This symptom means the Main board in the tv has to be replaced. The part number is ***** If you want to DIY then you can get the board on eBay for $125. If you get stuck during the repair, just reply back here and I can help you at no additional cost:

If you cannot DIY, expect to pay more than $450 total for a local repair shop. Just an in home diagnosis is usually at least $100 up front.

This tv will likely have more repairs to come, like the lamp, the color wheel, the fans, the dmd board... So you may want to consider very carefully whether or not to have it fixed or just to buy a new tv.

I'm sorry for the bad news. I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but at least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times. You saved a lot of time and money by coming here first.

Unless there is something else you can think of, please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page before you go.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
okay I got it. Is the board a plug in instaatio or is there soldering required? when you say other things may go wrong it makes me considr if will this correct the problem 4 a short while?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Substantial disassembly is required to get the board out and install the new board, but there is no soldering. There will be many screws and fragile wiring harness/connectors. I can give you a Service document and offer any other help along the way. But there is risk of damaging the tv if you are not careful.

Other possible failures:

-lamp every couple of years $100

-color wheel every 5-7 years $150

-fans every 6-10 years $40 each x3

-dmd board 5-6 years $150

Regardless of what you decide, please submit a 3 to 5 rating for the time and work so far. Question never closes and replies do not cost extra.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm pretty handy with service documents so please send it to me and I rate you guys at 5
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Looks like you got the manuals that you said you needed in order to provide the 5 star rating but I don't see a rating. Are you having website difficulties preventing you from giving the 5 stars you promised?