Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

No power whatsoever, Just today, Unplugged. Tried different

Customer Question

No power whatsoever
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Just today
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplugged. Tried different out let. Held power button on TV for 10 seconds, plugged back in. Still nothing
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 1 year old Philips flat screen 49 inch
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Hello

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ready
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Can you see my questions above ??

Note that I need time to type and research for parts if needed so don't be surprised if there are delays between replies

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The questions when i answered in beginning?
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

What is the tv doing now if anything ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Completely dead
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Thank you

Can you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
49PFL4609/F7
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Thanks , give me a couple of minutes please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for waiting .

From all indications now your tv has a defective power supply circuit and no amount of reset /reboot etc. will bring it back .

If you are into this you can get that board at the link below for $50 ;

http://www.tvpartsbay.com/a4d1bmpw-001-a4d17mpw-ba4gu5f0102-1-philips-power-supply/

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Again , if you need help with that board let me know , this post is not closed after you rate , you can come back here at any time.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Any questions on this ?