Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I have a Mitsubishi HC 1600 projector. The lamp warning

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi HC 1600 projector. The lamp warning appeared a week and a half ago, so I replaced it with a new lamp and reset the hours. It worked for a week, then would not turn on. Both lights (status and power) would come on, but then the projector turns off and the status light blinks for several minutes before it shuts off. I have gone through the troubleshooting tips, but nothing seems to make a difference. What else can I look at?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It came with the house, so I would assume 10 years or so? Mitsubishi DLP projector model HC 1600
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Resetting the lamp, unplugging the unit for several minutes, pressing the power button several times after the status light stops blinking, making sure the fans are unclogged/unobstructed, and making sure the screws for the lamp and cover are tight.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

- What is color of blinking Status light, red, green or both or yellow?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I believe red.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK, my answer is based on status light color info which is very important.

Red flashing status light indicates the lamp has reached at end of working hours lifespan (I know it is new lamp as mentioned in question post).

It seems replacement lamp issue, where did you buy it from and how much you paid for it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I bought it through Amazon for $50.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK, then it is definitely the lamp problem as low price/ cheap lamps available on Amazon or ebay do not work or last longer and fails so early than expected. Please return the lamp, if possible and ask for better quality lamp from Amazon supplier.

Original replacement lamp is available at following supplier but price is high..

and better quality (not original) is available at following supplier on bit lower price..

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.