Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Samsung UN55C7000 is not turning on, 5 blinks, UN55C7000,

Customer Question

Samsung UN55C7000 is not turning on, 5 blinks
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: UN55C7000
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Replaced t-con and power board
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

- Was there any storm in area that caused the problem in TV?

- What tests were done that prompted you to replace t-con and power boards?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I haven't tested much, I just thought t-con or power board was bad, so I've replaced them
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No storm in the area
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The TV sometimes turns on with initial power-up sound playing, but after that, when I turn it off I can't get it to power on. Just 5 blinks and a long pause and repeat.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the info. This kind of symptoms occur due to main board internal failure where main controller chip doesn't boot up properly when press power button to turn On the TV. Please replace the main board in TV to resolve the issue. You would need to get part number off of label pasted on main board in TV to search/ google that number to get price info of identical main board as different version/ number board may not work or give additional problems.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is the best place to buy the main board?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think the board is called BN97-03971C
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Working on it and get back to you in 10 minutes.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Please check the part number written on label pasted on main board of TV that would be like BN94-03820A or BN94-02757C etc and reply back with that number please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
BN97-03971C
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

You would need to search/ google it with the part number to find best price deal as most of supplier showing it out of stock and one supplier have it in stock but price is quite high, click the link to view the price info..

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BN94-02757C-PCB-Main-UN55C7000WFXZA/dp/B008F1EZSY#feature-bullets-btf

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks.