Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I was watching my TV today when suddenly, the picture went

Customer Question

I was watching my TV today when suddenly, the picture went completely black. The sound was still on but no picture. There isn't even a brief picture, just stays black all the time. We purchase our Samsung 50"LED TV about 2 1/2 years ago so the warranty is past. The TV is hooked up to a direct TV box, a Samsung Crystal Surround Speaker system and a Samsung Blu-ray disc player. I checked the connections for loose connections. No change. I then turned off the power to everything, waited 10 seconds, then turned the power back on. Still no picture, only sound. The red light in the lower right hand corner is on, just no picture. PLEASE HELP
Model # UN50EH5300F
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here, if you press the menu button of th sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Are you referring to the sound coming from the TV itself or an audio system?

Anthony

So just to repeat these two checks are so I can understand what is happening with the set

1 If you press the menu button of the sets own remote does the menu come up?

2 Do you have the sound for the tv coming from an audio system or home theater ?or does the sound come from the set itself?

Thanks let me know

Anthony

Can you please let me know if you need anymore help please with the question you asked thanks

Anthony